- Mid 30s
- Originally: San Diego, California; largely, Cleveland, Ohio; more recently, a goodly stint in Madison, Wisconsin; two years in Montréal, Québec; after that, around Boston, Massachusetts; then, the outermost edges of the Dallas metroplex; a ten-month detour to rural Missouri; finally, Johnson County, Kansas.
- Finally done with a ridiculously protracted PhD in the liberal arts at UW-Madison, where “dissertation” is a noun, a verb, an adjective, and a state of being.
- Two cats, one husband, one preschooler.
- Personal interests that may or may not be represented on this site include:
- Candy and desserts
- Local exploration
- Optimizing my Netflix queue
- Mildly incompetent French
- Ill-informed attempts at home improvement
- Entertaining (to me) minutiae pertaining to eighteenth-century culture and literature
- Biking, doing
- Biking, watching professional
- The weather
Jejune.net has been around, in some incarnation or another, since March 2000. It began for no reason in particular, and has admirably maintained that vision ever since.
- Without food, fasting; hungry. Obs.
- Deficient in nourishing or substantial (physical) qualities; thin, attenuated, scanty; meagre, unsatisfying; (of land) poor, barren.
- Unsatisfying to the mind or soul; dull, flat, insipid, bald, dry, uninteresting; meagre, scanty, thin, poor; wanting in substance or solidity. Said of thought, feeling, action, etc., and esp. of speech or writing; also transf. of the speaker or writer. (The prevailing sense.)
- Puerile, childish; also, naïve. (This use may owe its origin to the mistaken belief that the word is connected with L. juvenis young (comp. junior), or F. jeune young.)